This post may contain affiliate links to products or services which may result in my earning commissions at no additional cost to you.
Crosshair Binos Buying Advice
Who needs Reticle Binoculars?
There are quite a lot of hobbies that binoculars can be used for. But in this case, we are talking about items that are a little more specific. Binoculars with crosshair reticles, otherwise known as rangefinder reticles. At this point, you might be asking “What is a rangefinder reticle?” These are reticles that have a crosshair on them, which has numbers written all around it. With these numbers, you can easily estimate how far your target is. If you plan on attending a hunting trip or a shooting contest, then such a binocular can easily win for you.
But some people prefer to use binoculars for a more peaceful hobby. Like wildlife watching. Such a product would be a bit of an overkill because they can do a lot more than just show you some animals. Although, if you are a very avid wildlife watcher or want to become a zoologist, then a binocular with a crosshair reticle is a must-have.
One thing we should mention though is that crosshairs shouldn’t be confused with laser rangefinding ones (check out our Best Laser Rangefinder Binoculars Review here)
All in all, binoculars exist for one simple purpose. So we can have a better picture even of things that are insanely far away from us.
What are the buying criteria for Tactical Binoculars?
First of all, let’s talk about the structure. This means the shape, size, material and overall quality of the binoculars. All of them can vary, which means that you need to compare all of these aspects before making the final choice. The shape and size will determine how comfortable you will feel while using the product. This is more important than you would think at first, because if you can’t comfortably hold the binoculars to your eyes then you also won’t be able to use the rangefinder reticle, as you will probably be shaking. Your binoculars need to match the shape of your head, that is the most important part of it all.
Secondly, the material. We are mainly talking about the outside layer, as the inner ones are more relevant to the overall quality. Such a binocular needs to be coated in a rubbery material, as it makes the product waterproof, which is a requirement if you plan on using it outside. But some high-end binoculars take it a step further and have a so-called rubber-armored coating. This makes the product more resilient, which is a good thing if you plan on using it in harsh conditions.
Finally, the overall quality. This will be determined by the material used to make the base of the binoculars and the reticles. If these are cheap and low quality, then your binoculars will fall apart within weeks after the purchase. You should try to look for ones that have polycarbonate parts, as this material is very light but still durable.
But by now you must already be wondering. What are the best range finding binoculars?
Best Rangefinder Binoculars Summary
We’ve put several top-selling items to the test and compiled a summary of our findings below. If you’re looking for the best, one of these should fit the bill. Continue reading to see the results of our testing and research.
This is a very high-end binocular, so expect a steep price, but a product that will be around for a lifetime. If you have heard about Steiner before, then you know that they usually make items that are made for combat and this is not an exception. With a product like this, you won’t be disappointed.
It has a 50 mm objective lens, which provides the user with a crystal clear vision, as well as up to 10x magnification. For the relief of your eyes, there is also 17 mm between them and the lens. This lessens eye strain and can prevent vision deterioration. But if you plan on using this binocular for hunting, then you will be glad to know that it has a large depth-of-field focusing, which makes it much easier to spot and track prey.
What we love most about this product is the durability though. It is basically built like a tank and because of this, it’s also impossible to break them with everyday use. Unless your goal is to destroy it, there is a good chance that you will never even see a scratch on it. Not even on the lens.
- Rugged binocular with 10x magnification and 50mm objective lens
- Tough rubber-armored housing; long 17mm eye relief
- Large depth-of-field focusing is ideal for spotting prey
- Rainproof, fog-resistant construction; wide field of view
- Measures 8.2 x 2.8 x 5.2 inches (W x H x D); weighs 36 ounces
These binoculars are intended for military use. They are precise, durable and great for all kinds of use, although they might be a little too much if you plan on using them for a hobby. Although, if you are really devoted, then this product might just be what you need, because they are not too expensive, but are of high quality.
Once again, this binocular is equipped with a 50 mm lens that is able to provide you with up to 10x magnification. Unfortunately though, in this case, you don’t get a large depth-of-field focusing, which means that this product isn’t as good for hunting. Instead, it has pure lenses, which are neatly stacked upon each other. This creates a binocular that can give you crystal clear vision, even if your target is miles away.
Our favorite part is that this binocular has a built-in compass. And why would you need a compass on binoculars? Well, such a feature can help out any professional who wished to know what way they are facing at all times. On the other hand, this product is only good if your target is bigger than 20 inches. If it’s smaller then you have to adjust the lens and it’s very likely that you will end up with one eye focused on the target and the other on the reticle. This results in a blurry picture. Check the Price on Amazon.
- Military specifications - Built-in digital compass, real-time direction, built-in ranging ruler (through the ruler can manually calculate the distance of the objects); suitable for tourism, hunting, cross-country and all outdoor activities.
- Pure optical lenses - FMC multi-coated optical lenses, 10 times magnification, 50mm large objective lens, which allow you to get large and clear vision due to the high penetration of the lens and its high light collection, and make distant objects and landscapes clearly shown in your eyes.
- Complete configuration – 1 Military binocular; 1 eyepiece cover; 2 objective lens covers; 1 neckband; 1 shoulder strap; 1 color box with user guide; 1 lens wiping cloth.
- Excellent structure and product configuration – You can adjust the sharpness of the left and right eyepiece, suitable for those users whose left and right vision is different. The eyepiece rubber skin can be turned down, suitable for users who wear glasses. The product is equipped with a thick neck strap and elastic shoulder strap, allowing you to carry this large binocular to the outdoors and to release your hands, which make you feel easy and comfortable.
- HUTACT worry-free after-sales service. If you are not satisfied with the product, you will be entitled to a refund within 30 days. You can unconditionally return the product and get a full refund without any explanation. You can enjoy a worry-free shopping!
Once again, a Steiner binocular. The quality is guaranteed to be high with a brand like this, so they already have that going for them. This product is mainly targeted at hunters, but it’s also one of the best tactical binoculars. If you liked the first Steiner binocular we listed, then these might also be good for you, because they are very similar.
This one is equipped with a 42 mm lens which only has one purpose. Which is to provide you with clarity under any circumstances. They are made so that they can transmit the most amount of light, which will result in a high contrast image. If you plan on using such a product in low light, then you won’t be disappointed, as you will be able to see everything clearly.
This all seems too good to be true, right? Well, it might just be, as it’s very likely that you don’t want to spend over $600 on a binocular (at the time of writing). We know this is a lot of money and not many people can afford it. But when you want to aim for the best quality, then this is it.
- IDEAL TACTICAL BINOCULARS – Steiner’s Tactical Binoculars include the features you want, perfected ergonomics and visual excellence that is unsurpassed anywhere.
- DURABLE BINOCULARS – Count on the rugged reliability that can survive anything.
- LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICS – Our Roof Prism Design makes these binoculars lightweight, compact and streamlined, perfect for your active lifestyle.
- EFFECTIVE HUNTING OPTICS – With high-definition optics, these binoculars are coated for the highest light transmission for sharp contrast, even in low light.
- SHARPEN YOUR SHOOTING VISION – Rely on Steiner’s fog-proof clarity in any condition, from arctic cold to desert heat.
Even though the name suggests that these tactical binos are meant for military use, they are actually great for anything. They are of high quality and can withstand harsh conditions, meanwhile still remaining relatively cheap.
50 mm objective lens with 10x magnification. These are coated in a green anti-reflective, which improves light transmission, thus the sharpness and brightness of the image will be more intense. It’s also waterproof, can withstand fog and can even float in water. If you plan on going into a natural forest with lakes or creeks in it, then this will work amazingly. In most cases, the humidity ruins tactical binos. With this product, you won’t have to worry about that for even a second.
There is one huge con to this binocular, though. The Amazon listing states that it has night vision, but it very clearly doesn’t. This caused some uproar from some customers and we also think that this is quite unfair towards consumers. However, at this price, these binoculars are still worth it. Just don’t expect night vision.
- ✔【Marine10x50 Binoculars】:Binoculars floating with 10x magnification and 50mm large objective lens.field of view is 396 feet at 1000 yards,with ±5 diopter left and right diopter ring, You can adjust the distance for better viewing without glasses and for fine focusing. The eyecups can be folded easily you can operate it with glasses.
- ✔【High Quality BAK4 Binoculars】: High refractive index BAK4 Porro Prism eliminates the stray light and improves color reproduction to 99.99%. Green FMC coating reduces the reflected light in the objective lens and improves light transmission, image brightness and image sharpness.
- ✔【Waterproof Binoculars】: Binocular come with nitrogen-filled waterproof, fogproof design. O-ring sealed for complete waterproof and float on water so no worries if dropped into the water; Dry nitrogen-purged and sealed to prevent fogging and moisture damage in all weather conditions, highly durable.
- ✔【Binoculars with Rangefinder & Compass】:Night vision binoculars illuminated compass built-in for direction location, with an internal rangefinder for calculate the distance and size of the object on the left eyepiece directly. Perfect night vision binoculars include batteries(LR936/AG9), provides the maximum brightness of the image even in low light conditions.
- ✔【Attached Binoculars with Bag and Strap】:It is easy to carry and store. Ideal For Travel, Concerts Outdoor Activities, Bird Watching, Climbing, Hunting, Archery, Hiking, Camping, , Boating, Target Shooting, Water Sports， it is a perfect holiday gift choice.We offer a 30 Day Unconditional 100% Money Back Guarantee，please rest assured to buy.
We think that the best choice out of all the items listed above is the 10×50 Steiner. It’s the most durable out of all and provides a clear vision. But above all, it fulfills its’ purpose perfectly. If you look at something through the lens then they will always be in focus, which means that you don’t have to adjust anything to be able to see. It truly is one of the best tactical binoculars.
Although, we highly suggest looking at other products as well. There is a good chance that the perfect one for you isn’t on this list, which is why you should do your own research as well. But if you trust our judgment, then these binoculars are almost universal and can work great for anyone.